Thursday, September 17, 2009

Amsterdam

We just arrived in Amsterdam this morning. Sooooo sick. I know you are all very jealous. We were in London the past two and a half days but my Papa pretty much stole the show on the blog so I had nothing to write about. I'm going to have to think of unique aspects of the cities to write about so I can interest you followers. Hmmm... BUT, I am sure I will have plenty of things to write about Amsterdam! You can probably already tell by my writing so far that I am rather giddy. hehe. I just got word that my mother is doing well after her dental surgery and she is now on her way to Key West to visit my Grandma... Have a safe trip mom, i love you.
Hokay, so! We arrived this morning around 5:30 or so and hopped in a cab to Central station. From there we walked all the way to the Leidseplein section along side the canals. It was a nice walk, we took several breaks along the way because we were rolling our heavy bags and carrying our laptop bags. We stopped in at a couple of hostels and hotels asking them about their prices and availabilities until we found one we liked. It's called the Rookies and it has a coffee shop attached to it. It's a little more than Papa was planning on spending for a room at 80 euros per night but it's a nice hotel with WiFi and a nice deck outside. We're picking up the car today at 12:00 which is pretty soon so I'm going to go. I'll be writing again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment