Thursday, September 10, 2009

Long Morning in Dublin

So Papa and I arrived at the Dublin Airport around 4:30am. I was completely exhausted and sore from the long flight. We got our bags and Papa left me out on the street watching over the bags as he went and looked for somewhere to exchange dollars for Euros. He came back five minutes later with the money and we bought two bus tickets for Dublin City Centre (O’Connell St.) By the time we got off the bus it was still dark outside. It was strange seeing the beautiful city of Dublin for the first time in the dark with no one on it’s wide streets. I was able to take a couple of nice pictures though. Our plan was to find our way to the bus station and buy tickets for the bus to Carrick-on-Suir and lock up our bags in the storage area of the station. I was pretty weary of the whole situation because we didn’t really know what we were doing. We didn’t have money at the time because we spent it on the bus tickets, and we were both tired. After finding out the bus leaves at 1:30, we went back out to explore. By this time it was starting to get light out and I could really see how amazing Dublin is! The buildings are all so beautiful and filled with history. It makes it even better that I am half Irish so I could connect being in the capitol of Ireland with my families’ heritage. We explored the old town for about two hours. Stopping and taking pictures whenever I saw something I thought was really cool or different. I wanted to go on the internet really badly so we searched for a café or place with WiFi but we couldn’t find anything. Finally we decided to go into a McDonald’s Café and have a sausage mcMuffin with egg and some coffee. After that I felt a boost of energy and we started to explore again. We made it over to the Trinity College campus, which is utterly amazing. I’m actually typing out this blog entry from a little underground café In the center of the trinity courtyard. I took a lot of pictures of the campus so you’ll be able to see what I mean when I say it’s amazing. Another neat thing we explored was the park where I took pictures of Papa next to the Robert Emmett statue. He thought this was of extreme importance seeing how he was named after this Irish hero.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are able to rest some Cameron...seems like you've been up for days. Maybe i'll be able to talk to you soon, have fun darling.
    Court

    ReplyDelete